A long thin tool with a pointed tip which is used for sewing purpose is known as a sewing needle. In ancient times, needles were made out of bones or wood, but in today’s world a sewing needle is manufactured from carbon steel. Ideally, a needle that is used for sewing has a pointed tip and contains a hole on the other side. This hole is known as “eye” and is used to carry the thread. The pointed end pierces the material that is to be stitched and the blunt end pulls the thread out of the fabric. Strange, but the fact is that the strawberry is used to keep these needles sharp and smooth.Read More...
About Craft Shed
I love all kinds of arts and crafts and I have put this blog together so that I can share my experiences with you - my readers!!
I am a married mother of one son and I love to make things at home. Whether it is a way of saving money, recycling or just being able to own things that are original - I am there making it!
If you would like to find out more about me click here to view my about me page.
Our Recent Posts
- Keeping Little Ones on the Go
- This Little Light of Mine
- Enchanting Craft Ideas for Preschoolers
- Four Fun Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Help With
- Six Ideas for Easy Crafts to Do at Home
- Four Simple Craft Ideas for the Home
- The Art Of Candle Making
- The Art of Jewelry Designing
- The Beautiful Floral Arrangements
- The Technique of Oil Painting
The Best Of Craft Shed