Knitting is one of the most relaxing and satisfying crafts and hobby that you should learn to do. It is common to see a group of women seated together knitting while at the same time chatting. If you are a knitting beginner do not worry if the needles feel foreign or if the whole knitting process becomes frustrating.
You will get used within no time. It is advisable that you are patient with yourself and if you make use of the proper tools you will definitely achieve your goals. To make things easy for yourself, you can learn the following top 10 knitting tips and techniques.
1. Always get the proper knitting supplies: Knitting is not a complicated issue as long as you start out with the right equipment. You will only need to start with yarn and a good pair of knitting needles.
2. Choose the right needles: It is a good idea to start with wooden knitting needles because yarn tends to stay on these needles better. They also allow beginners to knit easier. Avoid metal and plastic needles because yarn tends to slip off when using them.
3. The next tip that is also among the top 10 knitting tips and techniques is that the wooden needles that you will start with should be large. With larger needles it will be easy for you to complete the knitting faster and it will also be possible to see any mistakes that you might make.
4. Use natural yarn such as cotton or wool: Using natural yarn makes knitting easier, especially for beginners. Wool also stays on your knitting needles much better as well. Avoid fancy yarn that might end up being challenging to you.
5. Learn knitting jargon: It is also important that you learn all the knitting jargon that is commonly used. For example K means Knit, KB is Knit-in-back, P is purl, while BO bind off. All these will make learning new patterns easier.
6. Look for patterns and instruction books: The sixth tip that is among the top 10 knitting tips and techniques is to look for several patterns and instruction books that will guide you in your knitting.
7. Do not go overboard when buying your knitting supplies.
8. It is a good idea to start your knitting from where your enthusiasm and passion is.
9. Try as much as you can to hang around friends and family members who knit in order to learn new tips and techniques from other knitters.
10. Develop proper knitting habits and also create a knitting environment for yourself.
These top 10 knitting tips and techniques and many more will guide you in your knitting.